Wednesday 4 December 2013

Day 18: It's cold and it Hurts

I have been bitching a lot about the cold, I do know that, but it is bloody cold to be out in shorts, a t-shirt and under armour (the sportswear, not something to go under my chain-mail. Unrelated; chain-mail is always overlooked in a zombocolypse, it would always stop a bite). I don't know the exact temperature, my iPhone app said 7°C but judging by the ice all around I would say it was colder. This is what the morning looked like out on my balcony. 

Pretty yeah? Pretty Cold!
I got dressed, headed out and away I went. Same old, same old. I listened to the audiobook (That is probably why I talked about the zombocolypse up there), and managed to focus on it while I ran. I have realised that in the mornings my first kilometre is alway fast, I guess because I want to warm up, but it was a little painful. 


You can see I have changed my language to Japanese, hope fully it will help. Maybe it will be to little of a gesture

It's painful because I have a slight injury on my right leg, it is on the inside of my upper leg, might be called the adductor. I think it must be a strain, it caused me a fair amount of pain when I took longer strides and squat with heavy weights. I will have to take it easy from now on for a few day. I wont stop but I wont strain it either.

I feel a photo of my inner thigh might be appreciated more, but this is more informative

Do you like my diagram? The red stuff is muscle, the area that hurts. I drew both sides as I think that it would have looked rather inappropriate had I just drawn the muscle that hurts. As you can see, running with smaller strides is less painful, and bigger strides with a tiny head is more painful. More jogging than running. There is also the squat, I must keep my weights low and ensure I don't strain the muscle. I know my form isn't good, but take it easy on me, that is more to do with my artistic skills than my actual form. Maybe.

Before my evening class it was time for sushi, once again, same old sushi. Delicious

It can be all too easy to just keep grabbing plate after plate

One thing I love about the sushi restaurants is how easy it is to take stuff home. You just take what you want off the conveyer belt and put it into these plastic containers and away you go. I took a couple of pieces for a post class snack and away I went.

So, off to bed with me. With my flight home a week on friday I only have 11 days, 7 runs and 4 training sessions left till I get to rediscover the delights of the UK. Very excited I am.

Tomorrow is my running rest day, that means I get to stay in bed an extra hour tomorrow morning, YAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment