Thursday 5 December 2013

Day 19: I Would Have Made a Terrible Danial-San

Right so, here I am, doing my 5km walk as it is my rest day, just like my first Wednesday I thought I would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Then after that, I will walk and write my blog.

Not really in the mood for walking, don't want to run though, so I am in a pickle aren't I? But after all, part of the reason I decided to do this blog after the ramen adventure was to ensure I had a reason not to be a lazy arse. So walk I shall. 

This morning I got my lie in. It was great. Well, actually I barely noticed it, that's the problem with sleep eh? You know you appreciate the extra time but at the moment you are having it there is no appreciation or even awareness.

Anyway, standard day of school, nothing much to report, then off to the gym.

I went a little early today and still came out at the same time, I was rather tired and the dead lift is proving difficult to get used to, it's a movement I am not used to. 

Despite the book suggesting I try to add weight every workout I decided that I wouldn't because of my injury, so I just squatted the same weight and then ensured I worked harder on the other things.

Now I hurt!

Ok, not the best looking meal, but the meat is on the bottom, remember that


Then I had dinner, the rest of the sirloin from on Monday with pumpkin and sweet potato mash with some French mustard. おいしいでした。(o-I-shi-I de-shi-ta, oishii deahita) meaning it was very delicious! 

After I stuffed my face (yes like a hamster does) I had karate, I didn't want to go, and felt my injury was a legitimate excuse but as I only have 2 classes left before the 3 week hiatus of home, I felt I had to go. 

This resulted in some rather comical kicks. "Low kick" I kick low, "middle kick" I kick low, "high kick" I kick low. You get the idea. I was even asked if I was ok, I tried explaining, not sure if I explained it right but the Sensei smiled and nodded.

Not sure if you can tell but I was super hot and sweaty after. No I am not in a dressing gown.

I am coming to the end of my walk and it is lovely, kinda. I just want to go to bed, let my body heal and my mind rest but when I'm not looking at my phone it is very pretty. Not a cloud in the sky. I tried taking a picture with my phone but it turns out iPhone cameras were not meant for star gazing

I modified one of these to be a little more starry, it's so subtle I bet you cant work out which one it is

Nearly home, tomorrow is just running, no other working out. Normally I like to get it out of the way and give myself the evening, but tomorrow I will rest more in the hopes of healing and also I can have no time pressure if I run after school.  Here's hoping this heals up soon or how will I prepare my body for the inevitable gluttony and laziness of being home for 3 weeks? 


No comments:

Post a Comment