Thursday 10 July 2014

Day 22: I got a Job

I had actually written out a whole post, one about the 10 words that I am going to miss using when I leave Japan. Either I just will miss using them or I will continue to use them until everyone around me either starts hating me or understanding what I'm saying.

As I say, I was going to post that, but then I received an E-mail and decided instead to talk about that. This won't be a long post as the title gave it away, but I got a job!

Now of course that is always something people are happy about, but in my situation I am extra happy because this means that I can start envisioning what my life back home is actually going to be like. I can FINALLY look into a place to live (Sorry mum and dad, looks like I won't be living with you until I am 30)

I shall be caring for adults with autism and living in Edinburgh. It is a huge change to my life and hopefully one where I can proceed into the field of psychology, because as much as I have loved Japan and my life here my number one passion is still psychology.

This is great, and also there is something called the JET curse, it is about the fact that many JETs have trouble finding jobs when they get home, some take months. I have beaten the curse (not that I believe in such nonsense) and now, as is the way of man, after achieving my goal of getting a job I have immediately set new goals of setting up my future life. 

Sorry about the short post, but this blog is partly for you but also partly for me, and I really want to remember that today was the day I felt a huge sigh of relief about my future back home and that today was the day that I started back on my path of psychology. 

As an apology for a lack of pictures or wit (Some argue there is always a lack of wit) I submit to you a video that I think is one of the funniest on the internet.

CAUTION: There is bad language and Scottish accents



No comments:

Post a Comment