Friday 4 July 2014

Day 28: let the Enkais begin (first of 6 in 2 weeks)

Ok, so this is a bit of a quick one. Here is the lowdown (yeah I don't think anyone uses that term any more) of my day. 

Wake up
2 classes
Organise how to cancel my utilities
Drive home
Drive Kelsey and I to another friends place
3 of us drive to the prefectural government
Go to the practice for the leavers ceremony
Actually do the leavers ceremony
Go back to friends for a shower and going out prep
Go out for a leavers enkai (leavers party)

Seriously, I had no time between those! But let me tell you about a certainty of Japan. There are many things that will happen to everyone in Japan, especially if you are a gaijin. You will always be asked if you eat sushi, people will always be amazed if you can use chopsticks and there will always be an opening/welcome ceremony and a closing/goodbye ceremony for everything! Like seriously EVERYTHING!

Today was our leavers ceremony, because of the perfectionism of Japan you of course practice how to bow first (Heaven forbid after a year in Japan you don't know how to do that!) then they run through the itinerary and then you actually do the ceremony.

Because I'm busy and have no photos let me tell you about lunch

  I don't know how to write a caption on mobile, hope this works! (EDIT: In case you can't tell It didn't work)

It was delicious summer ramen, you dip the cold noodles into the hot broth and it's great, not too hot not to cold, amazing! The meat was crazy tender too, like melt on your mouth tender. I am going to miss this like mad.

Sorry for the short post, gotta go celebrate my first goodbye of many. 


No comments:

Post a Comment