Tuesday 8 July 2014

Day 25: It's like I'm actually leaving

(EDIT: So I finished this last night but them my computer froze and I decided that I would rather sleep than fight with my computer after midnight to post this, apologies)

Not the most thrilling of days I'm afraid, I had school as normal. It was a little strange because with only 8 classes left I have started getting the students to write welcomes to the new ALT. It's like I'm really going.

After that I had to get Torii-sensei, my Japanese mother, to sort out getting my utilities turned off. EXCITING. For the rest of the day I just had to keep getting everything ready for the woman who will be taking over from me after I leave.

I realise that I never gave an overview of my final month, as you can tell from this weekend it is pretty full, it is full of events, goodbye parties and final trips to fully round of my 3 years here. I am doing the following:


  • 6 Farewell Enkais
  • Climbing Mt. Awagatake 4 more times to reach 30
  • 4 Day Road trip to Nagasaki visiting a few cities on the way
  • Climbing Mt. Fuji for a second time
  • Travelling to Tokyo for a few days before flying home
  • Giving a speech in Japanese to my whole school
Oh and if you have seen this video, I realised that in my town there is a bird sanctuary that this was filmed at so i really should include that on my list too.



On top this I still have 2 weeks of classes, 2 more evening classes and 2 more karate classes. I never did make it past white belt. 

I look formidable don't I

I am also making a bit of a bucket list of food, but so far it just consists of my favourite ramen shop and the one i went to for my ramen challenge.

So thats it for today, short, sweet, lots of information and a transforming owl, what more could you want?




No comments:

Post a Comment