Wednesday 30 October 2013

Day 17: Whats your deepest fantasy?

Not feeling so chipper today, think it's a mixture between exhaustion, a cold that is lingering just beneath the surface and stress. Whatever it is I was exhausted all day, I taught my lessons and then just wanted to go home. On top of this, I decided, rather than counter any of my current unhealthy living with going to the gym or karate tonight I would come home and sleep. Technically, you burn more calories sleeping than sitting, so... not the same as exercise but healthier than if I had watched a movie. I'm gunna count that as doing something to counter my unhealthy living.

This picture will make more sense when you read the next paragraph

Today I spent a rather large amount of my day fantasising about all the foods that I will be eating when I finish the ramen adventure. I think part of this is that I have started growing tired of ramen, and partly because when trying to find pictures about how I bad I am with my dishes for yesterdays post I came across some photos I had taken of some food i cooked before.

You can take the Brit out of the UK but I still love me some gravy/sauce

You see as much as I bitched about dishes it yesterday, despite the dishes I actually love cooking, and I am one of those people who usually doesn't decide what to eat till the day I'm cooking it. (This is also out of laziness I'm sure). See, it's not just the lack of variety that I mind its the lack of mystery (I suppose I could just close my eyes, point to a ramen and pick it). Everyday I know what if for lunch, and what is for dinner. There are no unknowns, nothing to surprise myself with later, no "Hmmm I'll throw this in and this and this..... Oh, this tastes terrible. I'll smother it in mayo and it will be fine"s

Rice as a side of noodles, I think thats plenty of carbs....maybe I should order bread too

So I think because of all this, today my ramen wasn't very enjoyable. What's that? 17 days in and I'm finding eating the same thing not enjoyable? Shocker! I got the miso ramen, and ちゃはん (Cha-han, or fried rice), there are 2 options; ordinary and kimchi-chahan, remember kimchi it's the fermented spicy cabbage (It really is much better than it sounds). If you know me by now you know I went for the kimchi one.
Is this the beginning of the end? Or the end of the beginning??

As I say, today I didn't really enjoy it. I didn't even want to finish my noodles. I think this was because I like the miso ramen as a change but it's not really my favourite type, and also I prefer the thinner noodles in other ramen. I don't think the noodles taste great and i just want the soup flavour not noodle taste. So this is either the start of the uphill struggle for the next 14 days, or just a sign that you won't see me eating miso ramen again. Lets hope for the latter.

AH, the dishes make a sneaky appearance
Oh, and lets leave on a happier note, above is a delicious camel burger. You read that correctly, camel, the big thing that likes to spit and has humps (No, not Fergie). And it is delicious, and I have another pack of 4 of them waiting for me in my freezer. I am very much looking forward to my dinner at the weekend. When, I do eat them at the weekend I will explain one of my life goals to you. You will be happy to hear it involves meat!


No comments:

Post a Comment