Thursday 17 October 2013

Day 4: Who's ever found chocolate in their laptop?

My day began just like any other. Wait, no it didn't, I got to work, opened my laptop and this horrendous noise came from it, a sort of grinding, crunching noise (Try making the old dial up tone with the back of your throat). I think the best way to sum it up the situation would be with a quote from the teacher who sits next to me.

"Thats not a good noise is it?"

It wasn't. I then did what all technically minded individuals do when faced with a big problem. That's right, I turned it off and on again. It didn't bloody work! I was stumped, all my problem solving options had already failed.

Then I relaxed, checked out some of my computer info and found out my fan has stopped working. Fun! I then had to teach 2 classes and after that I spend the next 2 hours buying compressed air, getting my stuff together then taking the back off my laptop and giving it the more technical version of pulling out the game cartridge and blowing on it. (That's something that as I get older less and less people are going to be able to know what I'm talking about, do 3DS owners still do it?)

Upon opening my laptop I realised DAMN I'm messy! There was so much dust in there, lots of pieces of tatami (The traditional rice straw flooring that covers my apartment) and a bit of chocolate.
Yes thats right, I am ashamed to say that,  albeit small, there was a piece of chocolate inside my laptop. Not really looking healthy am I? "Hi, I'm Steve, I eat ramen everyday and stuff chocolate into my electronics."

Tatami- Beautiful, Traditional and also you will find tiny bits of it everywhere. Probably for the rest of your life

After all that I found a tiny little stone, and a hell of a lot of fluff in my fan. Culprit found and dealt with. As soon as I finished I felt a great deal of accomplishment. Then I realised that I clearly haven't been blogging long or I would have thought to take photos. Just try to imagine a half a snickers in a laptop.

Tonight for dinner I had the kotteri ramen (こってりラメーン). Its a thicker broth that is a fair bit richer than the rest, I rather like it. It lacks the extra meat but still good. I also had ミンチカツ or minchi katsu. Minchi is how the Japanese pronounce mince, and katsu basically means breaded and deep fried. Nothing to not like there!

For all of you who felt cheated with no before and after picture yesterday
I said before that my food variety Mondays - Thursdays, was... lets just say lacking. Well today I felt it, in fact here is a very visual representation of nearly everything I have eaten in the past 3 days:

Spot the difference... Well done, the condiments in the background have moved
It's really not that bad at the moment because its still interesting but I feel that maybe next thursday or the following one it may feel a little too repetitive. However, tomorrow is Friday which means Udon for lunch and this weekend maybe I will introduce you to ¥100/$1/£0.60 sushi. Here's hoping tomorrow has less gluttony based self discovery.

3 comments:

  1. Do you miss fruit? Thats what I'd miss. In fact, what do you miss from the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I really do, I get veg at lunch times but fruit hasn't really been in my diet at all. In fact fruit in japan is rather expensive. You can easily pay ¥5000/$50/£30 on a melon! And a single apple can be over ¥200/$2/£1.25. It's something I'm going to request my mother gets for me when I'm home. I want a granny smiths, a braeburn, some grapes and more. But bananas are very cheap. I should get some.

    In terms of what i miss, its not so much single things, and no confectionary. But i miss meals, like roasts and a good fry up when I'm hungover or brown bread. I could go on for hours. When I'm home i will see and eat everything i realise i missed. Thats right everything, even the thing i miss the most, people. Miss you Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww shucks! We will see you soon enough now :)!

    ReplyDelete