Saturday 19 October 2013

Day 6: I cooked Meth

With a title like that I must have grabbed your attention! Today is an event called costume Karaoke, that means about 80 people get together in a room, sing karaoke and have nomihoudai (飲放題- nomi means drink and houdai means all you can. therefore all you can drink! Dangerous!) for 3 hours. Excellent! However it does mean you have to come up with a costume.

I decided to go as one of the characters from Breaking Bad, specifically this guy:


(Frank Ockenfels/AMC)
Easy! Already have the hair down and the clothes are fairly normal. However he does sell meth, blue meth to be specific. People who know me will know that I cannot easily get my hands on any kind of meth, especially not blue. How could I solved this problem??? Got it, I could cook my own meth and thats what I did!

Thats right, respect the chemistry

Not exactly the usual way of making meth but I'm no drug lord. So I blended some boiled sweets into a powder, added that blue sugar syrup and then shoved it in the oven for a long time and then let it set and smashed the hell out of it. Pretty sure thats exactly how they make meth in the TV show. This was the result 
Next step is to become the one who knocks
After all this I went for lunch.  I think by now you know where I went. Thats right, ramen. Today I am feeling a little under the weather, maybe I'm coming down with a cold or maybe its more serious, who knows, but the sniffles didn't sound manly enough for me to say. (But I think its probably just the sniffles)

Whats the best way to deal with this? Spiciness! Therefore, today I decided to get the delicious bright red spicy ramen.

Just looking at it makes my tongue tingle a bit!

This is just as spicy, if not more, as it looks! It is incredibly delicious but the amount of water I had to go through was more than it takes to clean all the ramen bowls they use in a day. What makes matters worse is that it has tiny bits of meat all through the soup. Whats that? How is meat ever the bad part? Well, my curious friend, in normal ramen I can get my meat fill without needing to drink all of the soup. In this ramen the soup is the spicy part! When I normally would just stop after the noodles and meat are gone I can't because I am not about to let any meat go to waste!

Actually this is the first ramen I ever bought at this shop in one of my first weeks in Japan. I chose it because I have a theory, red food is more delicious. Tomatoes are the planets greatest and tastiest vegetable, red sweets are always delicious and anytime I visit a restaurant I order something red if I can. This lead me to order this ramen, and as I had no Japanese knowledge I couldn't read the kanji that said it was spicy.

Thankfully numbers are the same, so at least i could understand that

Above you see the spicy levels that you can opt for, this is not obvious to someone who reads no Japanese nor do they ask you how spicy you want it when you order. 

Heres a question, when you order a spicy dish do you think the standard level to start at would be the lowest spice level or the highest? For some reason in this restaurant its the highest level of spice. Thats right, so I couldn't even finish the meal, I had all sorts of liquids coming out of my face. and then i was massively hungry very shortly after. All in all not a great meal situation.

Today was a much, much better, I got the lowest level and while it still hurt a bit I could finish it.

Im afraid I must now go and share my meth with all tho other costumed karaoke-ers so no explanation of the tasty sauce today. But I will explain all tomorrow. Have a great saturday!





2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much, it sort of melted over the night. Next cook, ill get the purity level up. This was my Jesse:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look just like a meth-dealer

    ReplyDelete