Wednesday 16 October 2013

Day 3: Busy Day...

The typhoon came and went, and as you can tell, I am still here. That means more ramen for me and more reading about it for you. As I said yesterday, the students didn't have to come to school, in the morning at least, because of the typhoon. Which is a little crazy because this is what it looked like:

Granted it was rather windy, but you can't tell that for these picures
Which all turned out quite nicely as the only classes I had to teach were in the morning. Can't complain. 

As I said in the prologue, I go to the gym 2-3 times a week, usually Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On top of that, Wednesdays are the night that I get Mr Miyage to teach me how to wax on, wax off. (In reality its much more me, in a slightly oversized karate outfit, flailing at thin air). This combination of gym after school finishing at 6 and karate at 7 left me a full hour to get from school, to the ramen shop, eat dinner and then to karate. Plenty of time, right??? 

So today I had the Egg ramen (味玉ラメーン), 味玉 Basically translates as tasty ball. Yup, today for dinner I had tasty ball noodle soup! Delicious. I'm afraid, no before and after pic today, however I did crack open the tasty ball so you could see the insides.

It is basically just a soft boiled egg, you just have a dirty mind
Literally (In the actual literal sense, not the one people always use when they just mean figuratively), I had only 10 mins to eat this, and only 10 to let it settle before my karate class.

I do not advise this. 

Turns out it's not just swimming you have to wait after you eat with. Karate is a rather active sport, where you jump about and kick and things. This does not pair well with a full stomach of ramen. The first hour of Karate I felt massively nauseous, the class only runs for an hour and a half.

So life lesson learnt, don't only leave 20 mins before a karate class to eat a whole bowl of delicious noodley, eggy, meaty soup. Some times things that should be common sense actually turn out to be life lessons, who knew. So, next week, ramen after Karate!

Oh and I nearly forgot, so that bowl up there cost me the sum total of ¥100, yup thats right $1, £0.63, €0.75. What ever currency you use, its bloody cheap. OR you could just see it as an expensive tasty ball! 

Either way, I'm not bored of it yet, which is a good thing because I am less than a 10th of the way through, lets just hope it stays as easy and enjoyable as this. 

1 comment: