Wednesday 27 November 2013

Day 11: Back to daily

My day started fairly ok, got up, got out for my run, realised it was bloody windy and hated the whole run while the wind was in my face (Ok I hated the whole run, but I particularly hated the bit with the wind in my face) and had a fairly mediocre run. 5 mins 45 secs/km.

Then my usual day of teaching and back home for a quick nap before I headed out for sushi.


Once you come often enough you start judging how they put the fish on the rice

Gotta love sushi, especially when it is as cheap as it is at conveyer belt sushi. Also, look at that, top right picture, that's scallops. Yup ¥94/$1/64p for 2 scallops, I have paid 10 times that for dishes of maybe 3 or 4 scallops before. It hurts to think about. 

Yep, you can order a slice of pineapple for pudding

This was also staring me in the face, I have been fine with the whole no chocolate, no sweets and no puddings thing but when you spend your whole meal looking at the menu of what deliciousness you could be eating it is a different story. But, I resisted, it wasn't easy, as not only do they show you the menu but the desserts go round on the conveyer belt too. 

Following my sushi I had my evening class, which was a riveting lesson on auto-antonyms, words that are their own antonym. The worse example of this is "literally" which is literally one of the most difficult words to explain the usage of.

My ramen friend from before invited me to go to the onsen (Hot spring) with him again and this is what I did. After 10 days of running most days, working out at the gym, karate and climbing mountains my body really appreciated it. I now feel very relaxed and content. 

I had also been advised to try this no calorie, alcohol free beer by my evening class students (They are adults), so I thought why not.

Even if you don't read Japanese everyone knows what "kcal means" eh?

I will tell you why not, because it doesn't taste like beer, and it's not very good! I gave it a try, thought it might help me relax even more but it barely even tasted like beer. So I think I will be happy to keep this month free from alcohol substitutes too, shouldn't be too hard if they all taste like this.

Oh and if you were wondering, you still have to be over 20 (The legal age to drink in Japan) to buy this less than tasty water substitute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment