Monday 11 November 2013

Day 27: A Day of Variety and This is What I Get?

Sorry about my lack of posting, as you can tell I am rather delayed. I'll cut the pretence It was because I finished work at 4 and had to have another ramen party at 6, I could have used the hour I had free to write this however I decided to clean my apartment. I thought it would be best that people didn't know that my apartment was an absolute hole. Now none of the 3 people who came know that my apartment was a total mess, but everyone on here does..... Great thinking Steve!

Today was open school which means that I had to work on a Saturday. It also means that I couldn't leave school for lunch. I had to bring my lunch, which means I had to bring a combini (Convenience store) lunch. Which is...okay. 

This looks a lot like vomit, but it tastes a lot better. Not that I have ever eaten vomit!
This is mapodofu which is a Chinese spicy tofu on rice, it is pretty delicious. This is actually a dish that I miss making, it's massively flavoursome and easy to make. Combini mabodofu is ok, not delicious but definitely above edible.
 

Is it a doughnut or curry? Well it is clear that it isn't curry, right?

This is a Curry-pan. In Japanese "pan" is bread, it's from Dutch, that doesn't stop them from thinking pan is an English word (Me: "What food do you like to eat?" "I like pan.") Inside this little doughnut is Japanese curry. It too is pretty delicious and I have had some excellent curry-pan from bakeries. Combini curry-pan is ok, not delicious but definitely above edible. 

After all the cleaning, I picked up some of my friends from the station and we had a ramen party. And I found out after we ate that for one of us it was her first time eating ramen! She didn't even tell us, just afterwards she lets us know. She opted for the mini ramen, you have to go easy your first time!

Isn't it so cute, so tiny. 
There is a very good reason why you have never seen me eat the mini ramen. I mean just look at it, it wouldn't fill me up for longer than a second. (There may or may not be some hyperbole there) 

There still ain't no party like a ramen party!
I had the chashu-men and the buta-kimchi, the pork with spicy fermented cabbage (It really does taste better than it sounds). We then had a non ramen based party. Fun was had by all, mostly because the apartment was clean. 4 bowls left, the end is so neigh!


No comments:

Post a Comment