Tuesday 5 November 2013

Day 22: Tomash me up

Post 2 in one day, pro-duc-tive! Today was a national holiday, Its culture day (I'm not really sure what that means, i asked a teacher but he didn't really now what it was for either). This morning I woke up in Shizuoka and decided to head home and eat ramen back in my hometown. En route I decided to pop into a combini (That's what convenience store, they shortened and Japanesed convenience-conveni-conbini) That's where I ran into this beauty:

Competition: What would you call your own fizzy tomato drink?
Yep, that is exactly what it looks like. It is a carbonated tomato drink. Thanks Japan, just when you think you have seen it all, got it all worked out, they throw you tomato soda. It is almost exactly how you imagine, tomatoey and fizzy. I wouldn't suggest you go out and get a ticket to Japan just to try it, in fact I would say that it is only worth buying it once, trying it and then never buying it again. It isn't disgusting, but that is probably the best praise that i can give it. 

I try to try as many things as I can in japan, this has lead to some rather......interesting experiences. I have tried esspressoda, the fizzy coffee drink (Not fantastic), Pizza flavoured crisps (Fantastic) and tomato and salt flavoured gum (Not fantastic but surprisingly tasty). I love trying new foods, I see it as better to take the risk of eating something weird if the possible outcome is I discover something delicious. There are hits and misses. In fact, I have a rule that in any restaurant I go to I have to try something new until I have tried the majority of the menu. At my ramen restaurant I had tried all the types and all the sides before this blog was even a twinkle in my eye. 

You want to see the ramen up close? No? Too late!
Back to my old ramen shop today, wasn't really feeling it so got no sides just the kotteri ramen and to be honest it wasn't too bad. I was once again joined by Tommy, but no rude (only if you're British) picture today. The ramen was good, my photography was not. Now I have 3 more days till I get to have some more variety in my day, I think I can cope with that! 9 days to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment