Monday 25 November 2013

Day 7, 8, 9, 10: Yeah, it has been a while eh?

I know it will come as a shocker to many of you but it turns out that I suck at posting blog posts at the weekend. I would like to pretend there is a good reason, maybe I broke my laptop, lost the keys to my house or even died. But no, none of those are true. All that happened is that every night I was really tired and decided to just rest my head before I began writing. Needless to say, this didn't work out.

So lets have a quick run down of how it is all going rather than me update every day one at a time.

Friday:

Had the best run up so far, 5 min 26 secs per km. I then had a full day of work and following school I headed to the school gym where there was a gym full of one of the sports clubs, I'm gunna say the track and field club (I have absolutely no idea which club they were but it's better to pretend I know). I used to find it intimidating having students watching me work out but now since I have become established and have done a fair bit of working out I now find that having a busy gym makes me feel more pumped. (Yes, I just said pumped, I am aware of what a tool it makes me sound. Sorry)

After the gym I had to get ready for the thanksgiving party that was happening on Saturday. And this is the reason I got so exhausted and didn't blog:

What a sexy bird! (Bird is sometimes used British slang for woman. Get it? Get it?)

I prepared the turkey, I didn't just spend hours staring at it cause it looked so good (Honest).

Saturday:

Woke up at 8:30 to get the turkey going and then I just sorta rested putting off my necessary run until the final 40 mins of the turkey. It was around midday and it was warm(ish), the sun was shining and I managed to run my best 5k since I started this thing. 5 mins 20 secs! (Thats my average pace, not how fast I did the 5k in).

When I got home this was what was waiting for me:

Carnage: before and after

The thing on the left was waiting for me, the pile of delicious meat was what happened when I removed all of the bones. Mmmmm boneless meat! Off to the party! This was the thanksgiving feast for the 30 partygoers:

It was in Japan so of course there are rice balls in there

Everyone ate far too much, which I am told is totally in the thanksgiving spirit. So, YAY we did thanksgiving properly. And I didn't blog because I was in a food coma!

Sunday:

Check this out, my city, years ago, planted trees in the shape of the Kanji for tea 茶(cha) on Mt Awagatake near my house.This is because Shizuoka, my prefecture, produces massive amounts of green tea and my city is famous for it.

cha cha cha!

And I, with a couple of my friends, climbed that mountain. It is actually only 50 metres shorter than Ben Nevis (The tallest mountain in the UK). As my running friend told me to take 1-2 days off of running, I thought I would take this 5km hike up a mountain as my day off from running and have it be my rest day's walk.

Oh and if you climb it 30 times you get to have your name put up on the wall in the restaurant at the top of the mountain. One person has climbed the mountain over 1,700 times! He is in his 70's. Never say you are too old for anything, the Japanese will just laugh in your face!

One day I was talking to a teacher about climbing it and she said "Is that a hill or a mountain?" Thats right, the tallest mountain in the UK is nothing to the Japanese who's tallest mountain is nearly 3 times its height.


Just like CSI: "Zoom, enhance, zoom, enhance" "My god I can see the killers reflection in the snow" "How chilling"

Speaking of which, you could see mount fuji from the top Mt Awagatake, and check out this that was also at the top of the mountain. I will leave it to your imaginations


Today:

Not much to report today, I woke up, didn't wanna get out of bed so by the time I got running I was late and so much so that I rushed getting ready and forgot my Jacket, my protein shake and my bananas (I know, not the bananas!). After school I hit the gym again and was pumped (Sorry) to have a busy gym again, I upped some of the weights and got very frustrated with all the teenagers getting in my way and using the equipment that I want to use. Pretty standard gym stuff. And here I am now, looking forward to tomorrow because on Tuesdays when my run finishes I have no more working out to do all day, I'm free, FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment