Wednesday 20 November 2013

Day 5: I would walk 5km, and I would walk 5 km more

I write this as I walk around my local area, up a very steep hill and around one of the coolest parks I have ever seen. Who says men can't multitask? I'll explain why in a long and surely too detailed story:

I awoke on time and keen to run today (well as keen as you can be at 6:20am). In my clothes, ready to go, got my phone for music, my water for thrust and inhaler for... Wait where is my inhaler? 

That's right guys, I have Ass-mar. I would say that I have never had an attack, more of a tickling, maybe a light prodding, bad enough it's bloody uncomfortable, it cause me difficulty to exercise but won't ever kill me. I suppose that is better than killing me! But either way, tickle or prod, I need my inhaler to run, 2 puffs and I'm raring to go. Not this morning however!

This is my front door, I shall not be losing my inhaler tomorrow!

I could stretch the story out like a mystery novel but instead I'll just say that I looked for it for 30 mins, gave up and found it under the shirt I picked up looking for my keys to go to work. ( I have never pretended to be tidy) 

Because of all this I haven't been for a run today, but it turns out to have been a bit of luck. See, yesterday my friend who runs a lot told me that running everyday would equal bad body stuff (I studied biology at uni for 2 years, that's an official term). So I should rest/go for a walk 1-2 days a week, so here I am, walking a 5k.


Finished! New goal for tomorrow, I will run twice the pace I walked today

It all worked out too, because Wednesdays are both a gym day and a karate day, so I think that maybe running a 5k on top is asking for trouble. Wednesdays will be my rest day, so every Wednesday I'll walk 5k instead of run it.

Day was pretty bland, normal teaching, then hit the gym after school. I was abysmal! Turns out that just saying one day to your body "Hey, you know all that stuff I wish I could do? Well, we are gunna start it all at once" doesn't make for the happiest body. But tough titties, never give up, never surrender.

After that I had 75 mins to get food, get home, cook, eat and go to karate. It all came together and even though it was reminiscent of my ramen adventure, it was absolutely fine eating that close to jiggling your body about only 10 mins later!

I may, or may not have been too eager to eat it all, oops

I made a random dish of onions, tomatoes and mushrooms, fried with chicken and mixed with white rice. A bit of Cajan spice for flavour and Worcestershire sauce. Not gunna win any Michelin stars (unless they have really lowered their standards), but delicious enough. I would probably normally add some mayo, but not this month! 

Another win tonight (if cooking edible food can be called a win), I didn't get beaten up by any 12 year olds at karate! It really is great fun, (karate, not getting beaten up by a 12 year old) if it was on every day I would do it instead of my 5ks, it would give me the added bonus of being able to do more if I ever got in a fight than running away really fast! 

Ah, I have arrived at the park, and I know you have been waiting to find out what's so amazing about it. Well the park itself is pretty dull, in fact too much path not enough grass for me, but it is all about this:

Lots of climbing frames, nets, a wheely slide, 2 other slides and more!

Is that or is that not the sweetest adventure playground you have ever seen? (Hint: yes it is). Also, I can neither confirm nor deny that sometimes when alcohol has been consumed that my friends and I have been up here to play on it. Neither confirm not deny....

Anyway with that I can happily finish my walk, 2k left, and wait to tell you about more excitement tomorrow! 








No comments:

Post a Comment