Friday 8 November 2013

Day 25: 7 Bowls!

Bugger! It is currently 23:30 where I am, I had such grand plans for my free night, however I overate ate at the ramen shop. Combining the overload of food and my current constant exhaustion lead to me to say to myself "I'll just rest my eyes for a little bit" (Has there ever been such a prolific lie to oneself?). Also, why is it so easy to fall asleep watching TV? It's like they want ou to fall asleep and not remember what you just watched/waste electricity!

Anyway, including today I only had 7 bowls left. 7 bowls. 7 BOWLS

This happens with every 7 day countdown in Japan! Truth!

I'm on the home stretch, not long now. I decided to go for the spicy ramen today to give myself some variety. I really am grasping at straws. Following my realisation I was ignoring information on the menu I had a double look at the red badges on 3 of the bowl on their menu.

It now pains me to look at the exciting cold ramen! 

I never realised his but those badges say that all those 3 bowls are limited to 30 bowls a day (Don't get that confused, not 30 a day per person, but that would be impressive). This being said, I have never had a problem ordering the spicy ramen. Japan really doesn't do spicy, i think i have seen Japanese people it maximum 5 times in my 100+ visits.

Lets just say that I painted this, not that I used an app

So I got to the eating, and it was a bit of a struggle, I was rather pathetic when it came to the spice today, I made it through the egg, noodles and biggest pieces of meat I could find. However, as I said before the soup has little lumps of meat in it, and I am all about the meat! It emotionally pains me to leave meat uneaten, however, it physically pained me to drink the soup. I think I can live with the emotional pain.

It still hurts to look at, both in my heart and on my tongue

I drank about 3/4 of the jug that you see in the picture above, and just as before I decided to say that the soup beat me they refilled it (Yesterday a 12 year old, today soup, what next?) You will just have to believe me that i drank all that water, I'm so manly (Tomorrow I will have a picture of me drinking every drop. No, no I won't).

If you don't see me when these 7 bowls are over, don't look at the picture at the top, or it could be you next! Or just only never eat that 7th bowls of ramen. Don't risk it!




No comments:

Post a Comment