Thursday 28 November 2013

Day 12: Motivational Posters....

Gotta love my day of "rest", I got to lie in an extra 45 minutes! That genuinely kept me happy for the majority of the day. Following a pretty standard work day I headed to the gym where I decided to try a new type of lift called the press. The press is where you stand upright and just lift a barbell from your chest up to locked out arm length (I know, riveting!). I would have taken photos but then I would need an arm free and that would be dangerous!

Anyway, seeing as I will talk about going to the gym every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I thought I would show it to you.

I would quite like to be here for an earthquake, just to see all those balls fall

I am pretty lucky, I have all of this, for free and, until recently, totally to myself. For obvious reasons I haven't taken any pics of the room when loads of students are busy "Pumping iron" and "bulking up" (By this I mean mostly chatting, and throwing the gym balls at each other). However, there is a good atmosphere when the student are in the room, they are all working together and shouting FIGHTO Meaning "fight" but it has come to mean "you can do it" or "do your best"(It takes a bit of getting used to).

But I know what you are thinking, you are thinking "This gym is nice but where are all the motivational posters?" Well they are all around the room on the walls, all the Japanese is motivating and those with a keep eye can see the classic "No pain, no gain", but these are all clichés, you want something inspiring. How's this?


I don't know if this is intentionally hilarious or not

Yeah, BOOM, motivation! But wait, you are thinking to yourself "This is good motivation, but I think I need something less ex bodybuilder/governor, and a bit more classical". Well, my training room teacher has that covered too:

This needs no caption (I still put one though)

I'm just gunna leave that with you........

After the gym, I rushed home, reheated Mondays dinner (Tomato, onion, carrot and leek fried with pork and on top of white rice) and forgot to take a pic. Then I immediately went off to karate. I still feel awkward with the kids, they just go to town on me during sparing but I'm literally twice their hight (The adults have to crouch down low to let them practice the high, head kicks) but the sparring with the adults is fun. They are all much more experienced than I (This was my 5th week, oh yeah! gunna be black belt in no time, well 3-5 years), however, it is still very fun to be able to be more aggressive. 

Following karate I had to have my daily 5k, but because it is Wednesday I walked it. This whole situation is vicious, when I run all I want to do is stop and walk, but when I walk, it takes so long to get anywhere so all I want to do is run! Bloody silly if you ask me. Anyway, walk done, I now must get to sleep so I can wake up and run (While just wanting to walk) early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment