Thursday 28 November 2013

Day 13: Strange Things are Happening!

I think I need help! Something really strange happened today. I'll start at the beginning. This morning I woke up at 6:20, and decided no, no way, I am not doing that, another hour of sleep for me! This meant that after my day at work I had to do my 5k. This was all ok, I wasn't looking forward to it but meh, I said I would do it so I will. I tried to load an audiobook onto my phone but it didn't work resulting in my phone not being able to access any of my music (a running nightmare!).

With a YouTube running playlist going and with my rage at Apple over the syncing fiasco i headed out on my run. I ran the path I walked yesterday, up the big hill near me, and around the really cool park with the amazing play area. As I came down the hill, the strangest thing happened to me.

My running app told me I had reached my 5k and I thought "I can keep going", so I did! I ran a whole extra kilometre! And whats worse is I ran it keeping the same pace I ran the other 5, which was faster than any of my runs since I started this "health" kick.

This could be the start of a downward spiral upwards!
The slowest and quickest kilometres, the red and green ones, are the hill. Also, my pace is 5:16 which is faster than my best before of 5:20. Yes I am complaining, but it's mostly out of confusion. I hate running, usually all parts of it (Except the end, that bit is great). However, this would suggest that I am starting to like running. Maybe it is just a blip, maybe I ate something funky. Only time will tell.

After my run I headed to dinner with a bunch of friends, no ramen for me! We went to a steak/burger place that is only in our prefecture, I opted for the steak because, well let's be honest, if you are going to eat beef, you may as well eat it right! instead of the usual chips I got a plate of rice (Rice goes surprisingly well with steak).

I'm not going to lie, the salad was 99% iceburg lettuce

BOOM, gone! It was bloody good (That's british bloody meaning very!) and I am sure the protein will help me with my strength training. Also, tomorrow I will be heading to Boxercise, I am not entirely sure what it is but I was invited by a friend so I will go (I believe it is when people have to exercise by getting in and out of different sized boxes). 

An interesting thing I realised, if a fellow ALT invited me to something like this I am inclined to say no, but I feel when a Japanese person asks I can't say no. I think this is because I feel it may be a good cultural experience when a Japanese person invites me to anything. I will let you know what it is when I am more au fait with boxercise.

Oh and before I forget, this restaurant we went to is famous for its hamburger that is the size of a fist, I forget the Japanese but the direct translation is literally "fist burger" (A joke here would be both too easy and vulgar). I have had it and it is pretty good.

Excuse me, sir, my fist burger has no fingers????

So, that is just another reason to visit Shizuoka prefecture. While sitting, eating and chatting we also noticed a strange picture in the restaurant, I won't discuss it, but just have a look and be as creeped out as we were that this was hanging in a family restaurant. Unrelated, but why are they white? All of the pictures consisted of solely white people, the chain started in Japan! 

erm......







No comments:

Post a Comment